cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to insert a reducing tee in SPEC DRIVEN piping mode

ywchoi
5-Regular Member

How to insert a reducing tee in SPEC DRIVEN piping mode

We want to use the Spec Driven piping module when they design. But The Spec Driven piping module have some problems.

For example,

> Fittings in Spec Driven piping is also limited and some fitting are not supported

• SIZE NEW_SIZE
  • SIZE NEW_SIZE BRANCH_SIZE
  • BRANCH_SIZE > SIZE = NEW_SIZE
  • 1.png

It is possible when SIZE is larger than BRANCH_SIZE(SIZE > SIZE_ BRANCH) but the opposite is not possible as BRANCH_SIZE is larger than SIZE(BRANCH_SIZE > SIZE).

We use these fitting types (as below).

How to insert reducing tee? Please Let me know anything to do.

2.jpg

1 REPLY 1
jpiotrowski
12-Amethyst
(To:ywchoi)

Hello,

I had opened a case for this issue (C13908562) and it's a known issue (CS273955). Unfortunately, Creo Parametric can only support a single reducing tee where the branch is different. In other words, SIZE must always equal NSIZE; only the BSIZE can be different. This is a commonly requested issue, the PTC product manager is aware of this and has scheduled this enhancement for a future release of Creo Parametric.

My company CadActive has a product, RsysConfig that makes Spec-Driven Piping easier using automation; this includes converting existing files to the new formats in Creo 4 and conforming your fittings to be "Spec-Driven" compliant. Please check out our website here for more information.

Cheers,

John Piotrowski

CadActive Technologies

Co-Founder & Product Manager

John Piotrowski, Co-Founder & Product Manager
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com
Top Tags