cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Communication Issue between Q-series mitsubishi PLC and Thigworx Kepware Server

GC_11210517
3-Visitor

Communication Issue between Q-series mitsubishi PLC and Thigworx Kepware Server

Q-series Mitsubishi PLC connected to two Kepservers. One is KEPServerEX v6.14.263.0 and another one is Thingworx Kepware Server v6.14.263.0.

I am receiving data from PLC in KEPServerEX v6.14.263.0 but not in Thingworx Kepware Server v6.14.263.0. all the channel and device configuration is same.
Communication is having TCP connection and port number is 10000 in mitsubishi PLC and same at server side.

earlier I was able to receive the data in both the servers.
How can it be resolved?

5 REPLIES 5
ntripathi
14-Alexandrite
(To:GC_11210517)

Greetings @GC_11210517

I hope you're doing well.

I would request you kindly follow to the below steps to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. Check Connection Status: Verify that the ThingWorx Kepware Server is properly connected to the PLC. You can do this by checking the connection status in the ThingWorx Kepware Server configuration.
  2. Restart Services: Sometimes, simply restarting the ThingWorx Kepware Server service can resolve connectivity issues. Ensure that the service is running smoothly.
  3. Firewall and Network Settings: Ensure that there are no firewall or network settings blocking the communication between the ThingWorx Kepware Server and the PLC. Since the KEPServerEX is working, compare the network settings for both servers.
  4. Driver Settings: Double-check the driver settings in the ThingWorx Kepware Server. Ensure that the Mitsubishi Ethernet driver is configured correctly and matches the settings in KEPServerEX.
  5. Reconfigure Device: As a last resort, try deleting and reconfiguring the device in the Thingworx Kepware Server. This can sometimes resolve configuration issues that are not immediately apparent.

For more details please refer to the steps outlined in this article CS278701.

If you are prompted to log in to view the complete article, you can use your MyKepware login credentials.

Hi,
I have already tried above mentioned troubleshooting points except point 2 but no result.
I don't want to Restart the Thingworx Kepware Server service since it is in production.

Hi @GC_11210517,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution or please feel free to detail in a reply what has helped you and mark it as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator

Hi,
I have already tried troubleshooting steps mentioned by @ntripathi except point 2 but no result.
I don't want to Restart the Thingworx Kepware Server service since it is in production. 
No solution till yet.

ntripathi
14-Alexandrite
(To:GC_11210517)

Greetings @GC_11210517 ,

If the issue persists; I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team. Here is a link to the my kepware login page where a ticket can submitted:

https://my.kepware.com/s/login/

Announcements

Top Tags