cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Connect Kepware to thingworx

AS_1307
12-Amethyst

Connect Kepware to thingworx

Connect Kepware Server to ThingWorx Foundation

For info, I am using the following guide :

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FIndus...

To connect the industrial binding, in the guide it showing simulation example, but in my composer it is not displaying. TWX and Kepware is both in my local server.

AS_9365679_2-1645244803086.pngAS_9365679_3-1645244826151.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yhan
17-Peridot
(To:AS_1307)

It doesn't need an additional license. I don't have applied for any license and just select "Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive" when installation, then the "simulation example" can be seen under the Kepware project list.

By the way, the "Examples and Documentation" is also showing 0kb on the same installation page.  Do you follow all the installation steps/options list on Thingworx help center? Can you see "Simulation Examples" channel in your KepServerEX?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
yhan
17-Peridot

"simulation example" should come from KepServerEX, as shown in the below image:

2-21-2022 11-43-05 AM.jpg

AS_1307
12-Amethyst
(To:yhan)

Thank you for the reply. Can you please tell me this simulation example ,you have created a tags manually.

yhan
17-Peridot

It's created automatically if we choose to install "Examples and Documentation" feature when installing Kepware:

2-21-2022 2-09-43 PM.jpg

AS_1307
12-Amethyst

I re-installed kepware but I still did not get the simulation examples and also all the other features below aliases were also not seen.

Then I tried installing again and noticed that the simulation examples is showing 0kb. Does it require some additional license?

AS_1307_0-1645436391060.png

yhan
17-Peridot

It doesn't need an additional license. I don't have applied for any license and just select "Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive" when installation, then the "simulation example" can be seen under the Kepware project list.

By the way, the "Examples and Documentation" is also showing 0kb on the same installation page.  Do you follow all the installation steps/options list on Thingworx help center? Can you see "Simulation Examples" channel in your KepServerEX?

AS_1307
12-Amethyst

Thanks @yhan now it's working. Thanks for the help.

Top Tags