cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Empty address that can be used as placeholder when creating kepware tag using Configuration API

JK_10744682
7-Bedrock

Empty address that can be used as placeholder when creating kepware tag using Configuration API

Hi all,

I am working on a use case using the kepware API to create kepware tags. Long story short, I want to create many tags with an empty/placeholder address and then can update the address at a later time as needed, but don't know what address will always be there regardless of machine that I can use. When I try to create a tag using the API with an address that doesn't exist it errors, which is why I am looking for a "universal address". I don't have much experience with PLC or address stuff so any help on this would be appreciated. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings,

You cannot add tags that do not have a valid address. There is no universal address that will work with all devices. Each device has specific address formats that must be followed. You can create multiple tags with the same address, so once you find one that works for a specific device, you can assign that address to all the tags. However, this will depend on the device.

Regards,

Mohit

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Greetings,

You cannot add tags that do not have a valid address. There is no universal address that will work with all devices. Each device has specific address formats that must be followed. You can create multiple tags with the same address, so once you find one that works for a specific device, you can assign that address to all the tags. However, this will depend on the device.

Regards,

Mohit

Announcements

Top Tags