cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Interface between OPC server and VB6.0

JKDAS
3-Visitor

Interface between OPC server and VB6.0

OPC Software: KEPserverEX (Kepware OPC server software)

Third party software: VB6.0 (Visual Basic 6.0) (OPC Client)

There is a channel, device and tag items are available in Kepware OPC server and would like to read value of OPC tags into VB6.0 software using OPC DA or any other easy method. I would like to read/write value of OPC tag from VB6.0 software. Could you please help me providing the source code and supported files so that I can assemble in my computer without any issue. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Probably the easiest method would be to interact with the Kepware REST server in the IoTGateway. You should be able to use WinHTTP library in VB code to make REST calls to read or write tag values. For more details, refer the section "Working with a REST Server" in the IoT Gateway Manual.

Please note that I am not a VB programmer. Hence, neither do I have sample code nor have I tested this myself. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Probably the easiest method would be to interact with the Kepware REST server in the IoTGateway. You should be able to use WinHTTP library in VB code to make REST calls to read or write tag values. For more details, refer the section "Working with a REST Server" in the IoT Gateway Manual.

Please note that I am not a VB programmer. Hence, neither do I have sample code nor have I tested this myself. 

Top Tags