cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

KepServerEx6 Advanced Tags | Syncronize values between clients and devices

Invalid_String
4-Participant

KepServerEx6 Advanced Tags | Syncronize values between clients and devices

My system consists of two Control Logix L83 CPUs and one OPCDA server.

I use advanced tags between these systems with both reads and writes to all of the devices.

The issue I am encountering is this:

When we first start up the system, the links do not synchronize between the systems.
I have groups of boolean values in the PLC that have a value of 1 but in the OPCDA server, they remain 0.  

If i manually change the state in the PLC from 1 to 0 and then back to 1, the OPCDA server will then show the change.

I have tried opening the quick client and performing an async refresh of the cache and device but this does not seem to help.

Is there a way to tell the whole system to sync up and ensure the linked tag destination matches the source?

2 REPLIES 2

Try setting the Link Tag to 'On interval' instead of 'On data change'. That will write the input values down regardless of the data change notification from the runtime.

-Andy

Andy Servetas
Principal Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

Andy,

I have a few concerns with this approach but perhaps they are unfounded. 
The first concern is that I have 8941 linked tags and I would like to keep them exception based as I suspect there will be a performance penalty for keeping them active all the time.  It would also become cumbersome to cherry pick which tags needs to be exception vs interval.

The other concern has to do with where the linked tags gets the new value from.  For example, if i set the linked tag to "On interval" will this trigger a read from the source device or will it simply retrieve the cached value and write that? 

My concern is that if the source of the problem is that the values in the device are not being read and subsequently updating the cache, then I would just be continually writing the cached value rather than the current value in the source.

Are these concerns legitimate?

Thanks in advance.

Announcements

Top Tags