cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Kepware Tag issue

Pawan-ex6
2-Guest

Kepware Tag issue

Hello Everyone,

I am doing POC to integrate the Modbus TCP device data to IOT platform.

Here my challenge was IOT platform not accepting the tag name with "dot" delimiter in Json payload.

so, i need a support or guidance to change the tag hierarchy or delimitator of Tag name in Kepware.

Ex: channel1.device1.voltage  -----------> channel1_device1_voltage

Background requirement: I need to read the tag values in IOT platform through MQTT gateway with Advance Template but unfortunately IOT Platform not accepting "dot" in payload variables.

So, is anyone can guide / provide the possible solution to the same.

thanks for your sincere response.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Pawan-ex6,

Thank you for your question.

I encourage you to bring more details and context to your initial inquiery. For example, screenshots are useful to better understand what you are trying to do and will also increase your chance to receive meaningful help from other Community members.

Regards,
Andra

@Pawan-ex6 

Here is a link to the page in the KEPServerEX manual that covers restricted characters when naming Channels, Devices and Tags. 

https://www.ptc.com/-/media/kepware-store/en/manuals/kepserverex-manual.pdf#page=175

You can see that periods must be used to separate Channel, Devices and Tag Names and there is no alternative work-around.  Here is a link on how to submit an enhancement request:

Article - CS295047 - How to open an Enhancement Request for PTC Kepware Products

Thanks,

*Chris

Announcements

Top Tags