cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Kepware to ThingWorx documentation?

gmcnamara
1-Newbie

Kepware to ThingWorx documentation?

Hi,

I'm trying to find documentation about how to connect Kepware to Thingworx and then link PLC tag data to thing properties in Thingworx. I typed in "Kepware" into Thingworx help and there were no results. That seems strange given Kepware has a Thingworx IoT gateway plugin and Kepware and Thingworx are both owned by PTC. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Regards,

Greg

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Greg,

Keepware it's a new inclusion on the TW IoT family ( was the last acquisition ), that's why the documentation it's still not there.

I've never used it, but should not be hard, if you have the latest Keepware version (5.21) the TW connector it's already included out of the box ( you just need to set your ThingWorx server instance URL and the Application Key ) .

If you go to Keepware site, you can find this PDF: https://www.kepware.com/en-us/products/kepserverex/documents/kepserverex-manual/ at page 46 you have the documentation.

Carles.

Greg, as Carles noted, that would pretty much be it. Once you have the server info along with your Thing, the tag server should be ready to use. You can then call AddItems (in ThingWorx after the Tag Server is connected) to add these tags, and then bind them to existing or new properties.

Hi Greg,

In the time since you originally posted this question, an "Industrial Connections Example" document has been made available here:

Industrial Connections Example - PTC

Extracting directly from this document, "Using the Industrial Connections entity in ThingWorx, you can connect to Kepware’s KEPServerEX to model, configure, and bind tags that exist in the KEPServerEX to things in the ThingWorx model.

Best regards,

Steven M

jebeck
6-Contributor
(To:gmcnamara)

Greg - give this ThingWorx Developer Portal quickstart guide a look.

Top Tags