cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Scaling tags in Kepware Confugration.

ScottInTexas
6-Contributor

Scaling tags in Kepware Confugration.

I have temperatures 10 times higher than they should be. I read the article "How to scale data from a PLC in PTC Kepware Products" (https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS291338). It resulted in a tag that errored out with a CIP error 0X5.

I created the new tag, gave it a name and description and the address. and set the Scaling to linear, 0 to 10000. And got the error. I tried changing the data type from Word to Float and Short, but they threw the error for illegal data type. 

Any other suggestions?

Scott

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I ended up handling this in the program I am writing to consume the data. There is no clean way to do this. It is going to require a switch case and go from there. I may be able to talk to the machine vendor and see why there is no consistency in the PLC valueYes, when I'm dones. 

I am just marking this as solved to close it out.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
aservetas
14-Alexandrite
(To:ScottInTexas)

Linear scaling should be configured as shown to yield the results you are looking for.

aservetas_0-1724784643796.png

You can also swap the raw high and scaled high settings for the reverse.

-Andy

Andy Servetas
Principal Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

Thanks Andy,

But that's exactly what I did and it gives me the error as shown in the original post.

Scott

aservetas
14-Alexandrite

Please create a case and send us your project file so we can take a look and see what might be amiss. Indicate which tag specifically isn't working as you expected.

-Andy

How to I create a case?

ntripathi
14-Alexandrite

Greetings @ScottInTexas ,

Here is a link to the MyKepware login page where a ticket can be submitted:

https://my.kepware.com/s/login/

I ended up handling this in the program I am writing to consume the data. There is no clean way to do this. It is going to require a switch case and go from there. I may be able to talk to the machine vendor and see why there is no consistency in the PLC valueYes, when I'm dones. 

I am just marking this as solved to close it out.

Announcements

Top Tags