cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Tag generation problem OPC UA Client

CW_10640552
3-Visitor

Tag generation problem OPC UA Client

Hello everybody,

I´m struggling an issue with KepserverEX 6.11 and OPC UA client.

I´m trying to add a tag, "ProgramPointer", from ABB IoT Gateway 1.3 and I´m getting this message in the event log: "OPC UA Client ABB_IoT.R21 | UA data type not supported. Tag cannot be imported. | Tag name = 'ns=3;s=2600-11****_2600-11****/RAPID/T_ROB1/ProgramPointer', UA data type node id = 'ns=2;i=15108'".

I´ve tried to connect to the ABB IoT gateway (OPC UA-server) with a couple of other OPC UA clients and they can read the value of the tag without any problems, the value looks like this: {mModulename | Routinename | Rownumber}. 

Is it because the value is divided in to three different data that KepserverEx is complaining?

I might add the there isn´t any issues with other tags, just this Programpointer tag.

Thanks 

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We support the data types listed in our driver manual. I recommend that you check the driver manual to see if the data type you need is supported. If it is not, you can submit an enhancement request.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

We support the data types listed in our driver manual. I recommend that you check the driver manual to see if the data type you need is supported. If it is not, you can submit an enhancement request.

Top Tags