cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Ucon transactions by Request

BC_10393027
1-Newbie

Ucon transactions by Request

Hello,

I am struggling with developing a transaction by request, I mean I don't want a Command to be sent to my device by scan, I want this another command to be sent by request from an external tag, Attached in the image is the set of steps that I am executing, so I want before step 02 to verify if this external tag has been triggered (I want a static boolean tag). 

Somebody could help me with this,

Thanks in advance.

Belkis Contreras.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is an example file attached.

Brief:
Connect Serial device using PORT or serial over ethernet.

UCON Configuration contains PROFILE as trigger, and the rest of the tags data read gets exposed.

To trigger the driver, you need to have a client, which is provided by Advanced tag link. Serial device need to be responding.

Have tried to add enough comments on the transactions themselves.

For additional clarification, please feel free to reachout on purnendu.saptarshi@skellig.com.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rlabbe
6-Contributor
(To:BC_10393027)

Hi Belkis,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you clarify what you mean by an "external" tag? Are you asking if a tag from a PLC could trigger a command request or a write from an OPC client?

Thanks.

Ray

Hello,

Was this resolved? I am looking to implement something similar.
If I gather correctly, you are trying to send a particular command based on external trigger.

E.g. in case of Scale, you want to Zero or Tare based on external tag value.

I am interested in learning if this is possible > have been told, this is possible by using "copy buffer" instruction where a tag value can be copied to a buffer and that can be used alongside compare buffer.
I may be wrong, but this would be very versatile application of UCON.

@BC_10393027 @PS_11028951,

Although in theory this can be done using the Advanced Tags Link Tag function, I do not believe it has been tested. A better option might be using the Kepware UDD Driver. Here is a link to the manual that covers the use of the UDD Driver:

Universal Device Driver (sitecorecontenthub.cloud)

I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware team where a member of the Solutions Consulting Team could take a look at each of your exact architectures and advise on a best path forward.  Here is a link to login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

PS_11028951
4-Participant
(To:cmorehead)

I am going to open a conversation with the solutions team shortly. However, (I think) I am able to use UCON driver with "Write Data" command along with some buffer manipulation to "Write" tag data value and use it with "Test String"/"Test Character" commands.
Haven't been able to successfully use "Compare Buffers" yet. But, based on the test string/character, I am able to implement an "If/Else" type scenario.

Once I get a working solution, will post it here.

Thanks.

PS_11028951
4-Participant
(To:cmorehead)

I was able to implement solution with external triggers. I will share the example in community when I get a chance.

Thank you.

Regards,

Purnendu

Here is an example file attached.

Brief:
Connect Serial device using PORT or serial over ethernet.

UCON Configuration contains PROFILE as trigger, and the rest of the tags data read gets exposed.

To trigger the driver, you need to have a client, which is provided by Advanced tag link. Serial device need to be responding.

Have tried to add enough comments on the transactions themselves.

For additional clarification, please feel free to reachout on purnendu.saptarshi@skellig.com.

Top Tags