cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

using SQL stored procedures in KEPServer datalogger

JaimePR
2-Guest

using SQL stored procedures in KEPServer datalogger

Hello community,
I started playing around with KEPServerEX recently (latest release: 6.16).

Datalogger is super simple to configure for basic purposes. Now, I am trying to do some advanced escenarios where data needs to be saved using a stored procedure. Is this possible to accomplish?

Before stored procedures, I tried using a dummy SQL view (MSSSQL) with a "INSTEAD OF INSERT" trigger in order to mock the idea to write to a single table but that SQL trigger view is not being fired through Datalogger...

The purpose of all this is to have a single Log Group that writes to different tables based on a condition that I define. A simple example that passes information to a SP would be:

@action=10, @p1="Hello" -> would write to table "Table1".

@action=15, @p1="World" -> would write to table "Table2".

Cheers,

1 REPLY 1

@jp_11259393 

Unfortunately, the functionality you have described cannot be achieved through the use of DataLogger.  Here is a link to the page in the manual that covers all the possible logging conditions:

https://ptc-p-001.sitecorecontenthub.cloud/api/public/content/6dc53e6102c64f80aa2ab18e648ea56f#page=12

As it stands, you can only log to a new table when log group is enabled. This functionality is not configurable to a condition that you define. You would need to disable and re-enable the log group to obtain the new table.

I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Presales Team to see if they can come up with an alternative solution for you. Here is a link to mykepware login page where a ticket can be submitted:

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags