cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

3MF export of stochastic lattices

CS_9946686
3-Visitor

3MF export of stochastic lattices

Dear community,

I want to know if it is possible to export stochastic lattices in 3MF format?

On the CREO support it is indicated that it is possible to export in 3MF lattices with a simplified representation and a circular cross sections (which is the case for stochastic lattices), but it is impossible for me to export them in this format...

Thanks in advance for your answer

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

1. What version of Creo are you using?

2. From Help Center - "3D Manufacturing Format": https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r8.0/usascii/#page/data_exchange/interface/About_the_3MF_format.html# 

Hi,

I'm Creo Parametric 8.0.1.0.

As mentioned before and on the link you gave me: to export the files in 3MF, the lattices must have a circular section and be in simplified representation. In my case, I try to export stochastic lattices with circular section in a simplified representation and I can't export them in 3MF. This gives me an empty file, impossible to use.

@CS_9946686 wrote:
Dear support service, dear community,

I want to know if it is possible to export stochastic lattices in 3MF format?

On the CREO support it is indicated that it is possible to export in 3MF lattices with a simplified representation and a circular cross sections (which is the case for stochastic lattices), but it is impossible for me to export them in this format...

Thanks in advance for your answer

Hi,

please ask PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Hi @CS_9946686,

Can you share a sample data and steps to test the issue? 

Thanks. 

Hello,

Here are the steps I followed to create a stochastic lattice cube:

1. I created a 10x10x10mm cube using an extrusion ;

2. From the engineering menu, I created a lattice function ;

3. I replaced the body with lattice, choose stochastic as cell shape with the Voronoi diagram ;

4. I chose a cross section size of 0.5mm, a sphere diameter of 0.5mm and a uniform lattice density ;

6. I chose a simplified representation of the lattice.

After that, I tried to import the cube in 3MF format, but the resulting file is empty.

In the zip file you can find the result of the import in 3mf and my stochastic cube in stl.

Hi @CS_9946686

Thanks for sharing the detailed information. 

When creating Lattice feature, change the representation to "Full Geometry".

Also, other option for Simplified representation is to uncheck "Use the 3MF Lattice extension" in export settings. 

This will allow importing the 3mf correctly. 

Thanks. 

Top Tags