cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Automatically populate fixt-offset_reg

joshuataylor
1-Newbie

Automatically populate fixt-offset_reg

Is there a way to get the sequence parameter FIXT_OFFSET_REG to automatically populate from the sequence coordinate sys? We've had some near disasters from this not being set properly.

Josh

3 REPLIES 3

‌You could create a site file with a predefined value. This is only going to allow you to have the one preset like 54. You would still have to change it for others.

I am doing it in a round about way.  You have to be able to understand and edit the FIL file to do it.

First you have to pass the information to the post.  To do that, I first have NC_ASM_DEF_CSYS.  Then in my default template I have 4 ops set up and each has its own Coordinate System or CSYS.  I then name each of those 4 CSYS G54 through G57.  Understand when I start a new file I delete what I don't need.

Then you edit definition on your work center, and under the parameters tab, hit the PPRINT button.  A drop down window will open.  Hit Modify.  In the window that opens hilight the NC_SEQUENCE_CSYS_NAME and hit yes and close the window, and then Done/Return.

This will pass the comment (NC SEQUENCE CSYS NAME : G54) or G55 etc.  You then have to read that information into a variable and override the existing Fixture offset.

Again, this can only be done by someone who can successfully edit the FIL file.

Finally came up with a work around that is reasonably quick and intuitive but not as restrictive or complicated as editing FIL or site files, it still is not automatic. Also for there are times, R/A heads for example, we didn't want the 2 to be the same.

You can alter the model tree to show the FIXT_OFFSET_REG in one of the columns. This can be edited in the model tree without having to open up the sequence parameters. The model tree configuration can be saved and then loaded every time (mdl_tree_cfg_file). I do wish there was a parameter to set these equal when desired. We tried setting the FIXT_OFFSET_REG = NC_SEQUENCE_CSYS_NAME but it didn't work. 

Josh

Using Creo3 M70

Top Tags