cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Can CREO NC have Lead in/Lead out with radius for each slice in Trajectory milling or other millings

BH_8851954
7-Bedrock

Can CREO NC have Lead in/Lead out with radius for each slice in Trajectory milling or other millings

Hello, All,

Can someone help me how to define lead in/Lead out with radius function for the each slice of Trajectory Milling or other Milling?(Attached picture shows what I want)

in Trajectory tool motion tab, we can only set Lead in /Lead out or Helica for the whole cut path, can not set Lead in/Lead out for each slice? 

your help are appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In order to have  a lead-in for every depth of cut I've found only two options:

(1) When I define the path for the trajectory, I include a bit of overlap at the start and end. I then add tangent arcs at the start and end points. Move the start point to the lead-in arc start point. Always have an overlap. Trying to start and end the trajectory on the same point will invariably result in the path being followed in the wrong direction, or ignored, etc. The arc radius must be large enough to give a nice resultant radius for the center of the tool. This method takes a bit more definition in terms of geometry, requires editing the trajectory sketch to change the lead-in radius, etc. But it's good if you are making a lot of cuts.

(2) Define a single depth cut. Add a lead-in, lead-out, and retract for it. Copy this set of commands in the sequence, paste them at the end, then change the depth of them to the next slice depth. Do this for all the depths. This is really tedious if you are making a lot of cuts, but you can change the lead-in radius in the sequence parameters and all the trajectories will reflect the change easily.

Which of these I use depends on what I'm doing, whether I want to be able to change the lead radii all at once, etc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

In order to have  a lead-in for every depth of cut I've found only two options:

(1) When I define the path for the trajectory, I include a bit of overlap at the start and end. I then add tangent arcs at the start and end points. Move the start point to the lead-in arc start point. Always have an overlap. Trying to start and end the trajectory on the same point will invariably result in the path being followed in the wrong direction, or ignored, etc. The arc radius must be large enough to give a nice resultant radius for the center of the tool. This method takes a bit more definition in terms of geometry, requires editing the trajectory sketch to change the lead-in radius, etc. But it's good if you are making a lot of cuts.

(2) Define a single depth cut. Add a lead-in, lead-out, and retract for it. Copy this set of commands in the sequence, paste them at the end, then change the depth of them to the next slice depth. Do this for all the depths. This is really tedious if you are making a lot of cuts, but you can change the lead-in radius in the sequence parameters and all the trajectories will reflect the change easily.

Which of these I use depends on what I'm doing, whether I want to be able to change the lead radii all at once, etc.

Thanks KenFarley

I tried two solutions, both of them work well, personally, I prefer option 1, by using a sketch to define trajectory.

Top Tags