cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Finish routines

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Finish routines

My Monday moring rant!!

I have been playing with the roughing and finishing of pocket with mill windowsin Creo2.0 for a couple of hours today. Not really impressed with the floor finish routine or what is called shallow cut in the finish. When I finish a pocket I finish the floor then the wall with a spring pass or two. With the floor finish it seems you can't have just wall stock when you include finish stock it puts it on the floor as well, Then you have to do an axis Shift to get the floor down to where it should be. I don't care to use axis shift any where because it's too easy to make a mistake by deciding to change the finish stock by making it less then not change the axis shift. You then have a nice deep pocket. Also if you have a pocket with holes the routine with stock seems to try and save time by not machining around or over the holes which is fine if they are large diameter but when they are screw holes in the corners it just makes retracts and plunges all over the place. If you don't have finish stock on it works fine. Just the way I would expect it to.

Picture with stock and axis shift

finish_shallowwith stock and axis shift.JPG

Picture without stock but the cutter is right up to the wall. not what I really want, But at least it machines over the holes . I want to leave the wall stock on and finish with spring passes.

finish_shallow withoutstock.JPG

So I think I will be finishing my pockets with mill volumes which give more controll over what gets cut.

Maybe PTC can add profile stock to the finish routine or split the stock into profile rough and floor like with volume roughing.

Steve.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags