cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to output CUTTER command to the CL-file

nazar_ko
5-Regular Member

How to output CUTTER command to the CL-file

Hi,

I need to get the cutter diameter in the g-post. I see the CUTTER command in CL-file but it is commented like  $$-> CUTTER / 10.000000.

There is an Article CS212554, but I have no access to eSupport yet.

Document Details

Title How to output CUTTER command to the CL-file in Creo Parametric, without the comment marking ($$) in front of it
Description
  • Is there a setting that allows to output the cutter diameter to the *.ncl file as a command instead of a comment
  • How to get a real CUTTER command in the CL-file, i.e. without the comment marking ($$) in front of it?
  • The line $$-> CUTTER / 10.000000 follows the LOADTL command in CLDATA
Applies To
  • Creo Parametric all versions
  • Pro/MANUFACTURING
Cause

Where is the rest of the document?

This is a partial view of the Article. Click for full details on Article CS212554.

Resolution

Is anybody able tell me solution?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When G-Post processes the NCL file it converts all lines that start with $$ into REMARK commands.  So the $$ -> CUTTER / 10.00000,  etc.  gets changed to REMARK-> CUTTER / 10.00000.  You can capture the REMARK statements in the FIL file and identify the CUTTER data, then extract the cutter diameter.  It will be text so if you need it as a real number (scalar) you can convert it.  Here is some sample FIL code you can add to your existing FIL file that will do this: 

CIMFIL/ON,REMARK

REMTXT=TEXT/CLW        $$ GET THE REMARK TEXT STRING

REMTXT=TEXT/OMIT,REMTXT,1      $$ REMOVE THE TRAILING BLANK SPACES

CUTF=INDXF(REMTXT,(TEXT/'CUTTER / '))       $$ LOOK FOR THE "CUTTER / " STRING

IF(CUTF .GT. 0)THEN

NCH=CANF(REMTXT,1)       $$ GET THE NUMBER OF CHARACTERS LEFT IN THE STRING

CDTXT=TEXT/RANGE,REMTXT,14,NCH       $$ PARSE OUT THE CUTTER DIAMETER VALUE

CD=SCALF(CDTXT)        $$ CONVERT THE TEXT INTO A SCALAR

ENDIF

CIMFIL/OFF

Fred Nemecek

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

When G-Post processes the NCL file it converts all lines that start with $$ into REMARK commands.  So the $$ -> CUTTER / 10.00000,  etc.  gets changed to REMARK-> CUTTER / 10.00000.  You can capture the REMARK statements in the FIL file and identify the CUTTER data, then extract the cutter diameter.  It will be text so if you need it as a real number (scalar) you can convert it.  Here is some sample FIL code you can add to your existing FIL file that will do this: 

CIMFIL/ON,REMARK

REMTXT=TEXT/CLW        $$ GET THE REMARK TEXT STRING

REMTXT=TEXT/OMIT,REMTXT,1      $$ REMOVE THE TRAILING BLANK SPACES

CUTF=INDXF(REMTXT,(TEXT/'CUTTER / '))       $$ LOOK FOR THE "CUTTER / " STRING

IF(CUTF .GT. 0)THEN

NCH=CANF(REMTXT,1)       $$ GET THE NUMBER OF CHARACTERS LEFT IN THE STRING

CDTXT=TEXT/RANGE,REMTXT,14,NCH       $$ PARSE OUT THE CUTTER DIAMETER VALUE

CD=SCALF(CDTXT)        $$ CONVERT THE TEXT INTO A SCALAR

ENDIF

CIMFIL/OFF

Fred Nemecek

nazar_ko
5-Regular Member
(To:AustinN.C.,Inc.)

Thank you. It works for me.

I had an inquiry back in 2013 that may be related. Here's a link:

Tool comments - can I extract them from the .ncl File

I kinda ended up answering my own question, but it wasn't a quick answer. I also included my code snippets if you're looking for them.

Top Tags