cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Import G-code to pro/E curve

MihaZupancic
1-Newbie

Import G-code to pro/E curve

I have a task of making a model of pressing-tool, and the only info I have is G-code (for unknown machine) to mill this tool.

I would like to know, if there's any quick option of importing the G-code, at least to get a trajection of the tool, because it would be easy to make the model from that. (erasing any unnecessary codes, for instance start applying lubricant,...)

If this isn't possible, I would manually change the NC file to IBL, but I'm not sure, how to determine a circular line with radius=R from point A to B going clock or counterclock wise.

I would appreciate any information about G-code import or some IBL details.

BR,

Miha Z.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Let me answer my own question

I edited the G-code (deleted all G-code commands), leaving only coordinates of points.

Than I additionally refined the selection of points, leaving only first and last points of separate line.

This was the basis to prepare IBL file, which can be imported to pro/E / Creo curves. I did longitudinal curves, than another set perpendicular to it, to get a web.

Finally I applied a Boundary blend.

The case is that this surface was made up of a net of dimples, so only crossections going directly through the center of cones were precise, everything else was just an approxymation, so this was prety much useless for any furter work, but at least I saw, what I am dealing with. Even if I'd get all perfect crossection lines I wouldn't achieve realistic resault with Boundary blend, so any additional refining of IBl was aborted.

Than I used the IBL file to get/calculate some general dimensions of the geometry and made a precise model from scratch.

Top Tags