cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Machining error message: " No relations have been defined for this model "

ABrandt
6-Contributor

Machining error message: " No relations have been defined for this model "

Good day.

Has anyone encountered this error message in the log of messages?

• No relations have been defined for this model.

I am seeing this in a few of our programs but cannot seem to find any "wrong" relations within the various parts or sequences.
This creates an extremely long set of log messages which cannot seem to be resolved.

I have found this article from Creo3 (2015) but with zero answer to this specific message inside, despite mentioning it... Currently on Creo 9.
https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS196584

If there are no relations and it  provides this error, is Creo indicating a requirement for relations in the sequences?

Any help would be much appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ABrandt
6-Contributor
(To:ABrandt)

Hi @KenFarley
Some updates on this:

Initially within the SPR it was passed to another departement as they stated it had nothing to do with MFG.
Beginning of August it seems PTC has corrected this error.
Fix implemented to Creo 11 and 12.
Planned for Creo 10.0.7 and Creo 9.0.10.

Unfortunately there hasn't been an actual explanation as to what  caused this or what was done to resolve it. I have asked to find out more for the sake of curiosity. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

I brought up this message a while back:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/quot-No-relations-quot-message-when-outputting-operations/m-p/281691#M1404 

It is not really an error as far as I can figure. I've just ignored it since then. Doesn't affect anything as far as I've ever been able to figure out, it's just an annoyance.

ABrandt
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

Hi Ken,
Slightly frustrating to see that you brought it up 8 years ago and there is nothing more since.

Will continue to ignore it then, though it would of course be ideal if someone from PTC could remove the message if it serves no purpose or could clarify why it exists if it is necessary.

Thank you nonetheless.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

To be honest, I was surprised at how long ago I first saw that message. Must have been in Creo 4.0. It seems to be a debugging message that was inadvertantly left "on" or something. I can't otherwise think of a useful meaning for the message. The kind of message that leads one to reflexively respond "...AND?" as in "and how does that matter?".

ABrandt
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

That was my exact response the first times I saw it. I have searched pretty thoroughly as well but found nothing that was linked or could remove the message.

Internally we have opened a ticket to PTC to which they have created an article CS421123 and an associated SPR.
Holding thumbs that they will be able to provide an answer.

ABrandt
6-Contributor

Hi @KenFarley
Some updates on this:

Initially within the SPR it was passed to another departement as they stated it had nothing to do with MFG.
Beginning of August it seems PTC has corrected this error.
Fix implemented to Creo 11 and 12.
Planned for Creo 10.0.7 and Creo 9.0.10.

Unfortunately there hasn't been an actual explanation as to what  caused this or what was done to resolve it. I have asked to find out more for the sake of curiosity. 

olivierlp
Community Manager

Hi @ABrandt,
I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.
If so, please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation. 

Thanks,

Olivier
ABrandt
6-Contributor
(To:olivierlp)

Hi Olivier.
Unfortunately, as you will have seen, Ken's response doesn't provide a solution, but merely demonstrates that this issue has been going on for years and has been ignored. (mainly due to lack of information or response I would assume)

It doesn't seem like the community will be able to provide an answer, unless someone directly from PTC is willing to enlighten us.

Thank.

Announcements

Top Tags