cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Material Parameter of Merged Model to fill in Material on Print

TedOtto
3-Visitor

Material Parameter of Merged Model to fill in Material on Print

I have a casting model that I merged into a new model to create a machined model. Is there a way to set up the &ptc_material_name parameter in the machined modelto pull the casting part number and set that as the material?

In cast model I have a &ptc_material_name parameter to enter in what type of material the casting is going to be. In my drawing format I have a material line which uses the &ptc_material_name parameter to automatically fill that in. This works for cast parts, but in the machined drawings, I manually enter in the casting part number. Just wondering if there is away to set the casting model as the material in the machined part.

Thanks!

Ted

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags