cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Moduleworks in Creo 9 -- Random large circles

Daniel_E
6-Contributor

Moduleworks in Creo 9 -- Random large circles

Has anyone seen this or have a suggestion for fixing it?

When I simulate a cut in moduleworks on Creo 9, it sometimes creates a random large circle that, of course, gouges the part.  Path simulation in Creo shows no such circle.  And when I run the part in real life, there are no problems.  But it really messes up my machining simulations.  I've had this on a couple of parts now.  On the part in the picture below, the red represents a gouge.  

EBBTIDE_0-1653806279685.png

I tried reducing the "interpolation tolerance" as well as the "collision tolerance", but neither eliminates the circle.

1 REPLY 1

@Daniel_E wrote:

Has anyone seen this or have a suggestion for fixing it?

When I simulate a cut in moduleworks on Creo 9, it sometimes creates a random large circle that, of course, gouges the part.  Path simulation in Creo shows no such circle.  And when I run the part in real life, there are no problems.  But it really messes up my machining simulations.  I've had this on a couple of parts now.  On the part in the picture below, the red represents a gouge.  

EBBTIDE_0-1653806279685.png

I tried reducing the "interpolation tolerance" as well as the "collision tolerance", but neither eliminates the circle.

Hi,

please report the problem to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags