cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Post Processor

pgf545
7-Bedrock

Post Processor

We are currently running Wildfire 4 but will be upgrading to Cero pretty soon. I was asked to see if the processors will work with Creo. Can anyone let me know.

Thanks Bernie

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:pgf545)

Bernie,

Your post processors should work fine in Creo. I don't think there are any big changes other than revisions.

You could actually load Creo along side WF4 and test it to see if they will work because Creo will require a new license I think. Then delete WF4 after testing. Not sure what the licensing or legal aspect to that would be but I think as long as you delete WF4 after you are satisfied with how creo is working it would be OK but I am not an expert in that area.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I am not sure about licenses etc. We have an IT dept that handles all of that stuff and I am sure they wouldn't do anything illegal. Thank you very much for the response. I will pass on the information to my boss and get the IT dept on the upgrades.

Bernie

It is completely legal to load as many versions of Pro/E or Creo on the same workstation as you like. The flexnet licening tool allows it and PTC allows it.

One would assume you are using the G-Post that comes with Pro-engineer. We have not had any problems with going to Creo. We are also using Windows 7.

You should have no problems with the G-Post post processors when upgrading to Creo x.0. They should work just like they did in Wildfire 4.0.

Top Tags