cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

how to make multiple copies of an operation in an array?

jferguson4
12-Amethyst

how to make multiple copies of an operation in an array?

I need to mill 32 identical objects from a sheet of aluminum.  Operation includes drilling, countersinking, pocket milling and profiling of each part.  I've got the first instance set up in manufacutring and now I want to copy it into a 4x8 array such that all of the holes will be drilled, then all the countersinking, then the pocketing andf finally the profiling.  

I'm sure I've done this, but cannot remember how.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When I've done this I've just used patterns of the manufacturing sequences. Set up the sequences to make a single part, then pattern each of them to build the array. I just have to be very careful about where I'm entering for the milling cuts, and space the parts out enough so when I'm cutting any part I'm not damaging any of the adjacent parts in the array.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You might want to try a subroutine.

Manufacturing> Edit menu> Subroutines

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDEucG5n-7804995350363944955..png

I figured it out. As it was, I didn't have that big an investment in the machine sequences, so my solution was to go back to the part, make a pattern, then reload the manufacturing file which then saw all of the parts, enlarge the workpiece, then update the drill groups for the holes, the countersink routine fuond all of the holes by itself, and i only had to add the surfaces of the new parts to the pocket and profile routine.  

I need to munch on your suggestion, because I think it was a better answer to the original question I posed.

Many thanks,

John Ferguson

When I've done this I've just used patterns of the manufacturing sequences. Set up the sequences to make a single part, then pattern each of them to build the array. I just have to be very careful about where I'm entering for the milling cuts, and space the parts out enough so when I'm cutting any part I'm not damaging any of the adjacent parts in the array.

Top Tags