cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

ptc creo 3 - ramp angle

Sreemesh
6-Contributor

ptc creo 3 - ramp angle

dear friends;

we are using creo 3 for cam programming , in roughing program although I mentioned ramp angle as 5 degree /less than 90 , cutter directly plunging on the material with out taking any ramp, does any one know the reason ? I am using volume and window .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:Sreemesh)

Hello, if you're using the new volume milling sequence you must specify a ramp entry. With the old volume sequence (Creo 2 and before) we didn't have to specify this, as soon as we were defining a ramp angle, the approach movement was a ramp.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

if you use this site file and then change the ramp angle from 90 to 3 degrees it should work. If you want a helical entry change the "helical_diameter" to whatever diameter you want. If you want ramp then change that to "0"

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Hello, if you're using the new volume milling sequence you must specify a ramp entry. With the old volume sequence (Creo 2 and before) we didn't have to specify this, as soon as we were defining a ramp angle, the approach movement was a ramp.

gkoch
1-Newbie

Hello Sreemesh,

did you try the suggestions? Did they help?

Please consider marking posts as correct, if they help you solving issues (only one allowed per thread, so you have to decide, if multiple posts are helpful)

Thanks,

Gunter

Sreemesh
6-Contributor
(To:gkoch)

it is not solved

Sreemesh
6-Contributor
(To:gkoch)

RAMPING-CREO3.JPG

ISSUE SOLVED

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Yep, this is what I was telling you in my first reply !

gkoch
1-Newbie

Thank you for your confirmation!

I marked Raphael's reply (specify a ramp entry in addition to ramp angle) as Correct Answer, to reflect that the question has a solution.

Gunter

This is a correct solution thank you.

ramp angle.png

refer the above image and change it the tool will move according to the entry which you are going to select

Top Tags