cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Two builds of Creo

ErikZabokrtsky
9-Granite

Two builds of Creo

So I have a quick questions... I know you can have multiple builds of Creo on a single machine, but can you share files between those builds?

We are currently on Creo 3.0 M100 and need to upgrade to M120 to resolve a couple issues. In doing so, we will need to delete and create new workspaces within Windchill. I have a couple users who have large projects that aren't really on the server yet, or going to be on Windchill in multiple workspaces, so it would be a great help if I could leave them on M100 for a bit and upgrade the rest to M120.

Not sure if this will work or not, just looking for some input. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In general build codes are backwards compatible. We always have multiple build codes running. Usually our CAD Admin guys don't upgrade a user unless they have a specific problem or there is a system issue that requires a build code upgrade.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

In general build codes are backwards compatible. We always have multiple build codes running. Usually our CAD Admin guys don't upgrade a user unless they have a specific problem or there is a system issue that requires a build code upgrade.

That is exactly what I was hoping to hear! I'll upgrade a few of them and hope it fixes our issues.

You can share files, even use the same workspace for both builds.

I run Creo off of a server, so everyone upgrades at the same time, mush easier than installing it locally. I did have one company where we did local installs and I had to over 200 workstations to upgrade. NEVER again!

I put M120 on my machine and can't use the old workspaces at all. I've never created new ones in the past, but they must've changed a lot more in this build. Otherwise this wouldn't be an issue at all to upgrade them.

So in the past when I have been concerned about upgrades causing issues AND I couldn't just "checkin" all my work, I would export a backup of my work to the hard drive to ensure the work was saved before the upgrade. It can sometimes be challenging to bring it back in to a workspace but it's usually better than losing the work completely.

That's what I would have them do, but we just got done going to Windchill 11 from WC 10 where they had to do this. I am trying to keep the interference to a minimum.

So they are experienced!!! LOL. It'll be easy for them then.

Erik Zabokrtsky

Be careful, this just came across from Tom Unimm specifiacallly  about m100 vs m120

Creo Parametric 3.0 M120 - Incompatibility with earlier builds

Announcements

Top Tags