cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Can't Convert from MathCad14 to MathCad Prime 8.0

CG_10366001
2-Guest

Can't Convert from MathCad14 to MathCad Prime 8.0

I have installed the MathCad 8.0 Prime trial version. However, when I navigate to Input/Output tab, the XMCD, MCD tab is under intensified. I cannot convert files from an older version. The license file states it is a fully functional license. How to enable convertions.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Starting from the 7th version of Mathcad Prime you can use the built-in converter (before the installation process, it is necessary to select it among the installation components).

Pic_1.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:CG_10366001)

Not a MathCAD user, but I think you can only open MathCAD 15 files directly in Prime.

Maybe you need MathCAD 15 installed before Prime8.

Is it possible to get a copy of MathCad 15 as a free trial? Everything I see on the internet wants to install the latest version of MathCad, (Prime versions)...I cannot assess anything until I am permitted to convert legacy data into the latest version...

It hasn't been possible to get a free trial of Mathcad 15 since the end of December 2021 due to the end-of-sale.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

Hi,

Starting from the 7th version of Mathcad Prime you can use the built-in converter (before the installation process, it is necessary to select it among the installation components).

Pic_1.png

Thanks!  That fixed it for me......

You're welcome.

Top Tags