cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Cannot install Prime 4.0 and MathCAD 15 on my new computer

HM_10279559
5-Regular Member

Cannot install Prime 4.0 and MathCAD 15 on my new computer

When attempting to install Prime 4.0 (and also once Prime 4.0 is installed I will wish to install MathCAD 15 per the purchase agreement in place) on a new computer, I received the message that the product code had already expired. I had purchased this software for educational use in 2016 and my old computer is no longer usable so I need this on my new one. There was no end date specified for my purchase back in 2016.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MG_10231448
5-Regular Member
(To:HM_10279559)

Hello,

The license you purchased is a termed license that is a 12 month term.  The code you have is no longer active.  In addition PTC has since transitioned Mathcad customers to Mathcad Prime 8.0 (Mathcad 15 is end of life).  You can purchase a new Mathcad license (Prime 8.0) on the PTC eStore.  There are student versions available as well.

Thanks     

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

Read the next announcement - "Official PTC Mathcad 15 and Prime 1–6 End-of-Sale Announcement": https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Tips/Official-PTC-Mathcad-15-and-Prime-1-6-End-of-Sale-Anno...

HM_10279559
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

If one reads further down the thread one finds:
[cid:image001.png@01D84F2F.86E213D0]
With my purchase of Prime 4.0 I have the perpetual license evidenced by this snip from Prime 4.0 opened from my old (nearly defunct) computer:
[cid:image002.png@01D84F32.66ACCF30]
I just need to migrate Prime 4.0 and MathCAD 15 to my new computer.

If one reads further down the thread one finds discussion about perpetual licenses (see license discussion)

With my purchase of Prime 4.0 I have the perpetual license evidenced by this snip from Prime 4.0 opened from my old (nearly defunct) computer see images 3052 & 3054 and Prime 4 license message):

I just need to migrate Prime 4.0 and MathCAD 15 to my new computer..

Try using the following tip - "Transferring Mathcad Single User or Student license from an existing Host ID to a new Host ID": https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Installation/Transferring-Mathcad-Single-User-or-Student-license-from-an/m-p/788338#M1600

I've been to that page a few times before - the results are shown in the attached files. 

According to my instructions, I am to license Prime 4.0 then once it is licensed, I am to direct MathCAD 15 to that license file.

I've been working on this for quite some time.

I have a great many items I produced using MathCAD 15 for the textbook I published in 2014 - I'd like to be able to get at those. 

MG_10231448
5-Regular Member

Hello,

The license you purchased is a termed license that is a 12 month term.  The code you have is no longer active.  In addition PTC has since transitioned Mathcad customers to Mathcad Prime 8.0 (Mathcad 15 is end of life).  You can purchase a new Mathcad license (Prime 8.0) on the PTC eStore.  There are student versions available as well.

Thanks     

HM_10279559
5-Regular Member
(To:MG_10231448)

This solution is definitely NOT acceptable. 

While I did purchase a 1-year subscription to Prime 6.0 in 2020, I retained my perpetual licenses for Prime 4.0 and for MathCAD 15 (and for Prime 2.0 and MathCAD 15).  Both those software items are available and working on my old computer that I needed to replace to due notebook case deterioration. 

Attached is the original license for MathCAD 15/Prime 2.0 from my 2013 purchase - a perpetual license.

Also attached are images (3052 & 3054) of the CD case containing the disc and licensing instructions for the MathCAD 15/Prime 4.0 purchase I made in 2017. 

Additionally, I took a snip (Prime 4 license message) of the valid license message obtained through an open Prime 4.0 worksheet on my old computer.  MathCAD 15 per the instructions with the Prime 4.0 software uses the Prime 4.0 license. 

I simply wish to be able to use MathCAD 15 to access a huge body of work that I've completed over my academic career. 

I am now retired but still active in educational endeavors.  Prime 4.0, prime 6.0 and a 30-day trial of Prime 7.0 were necessary to access work completed by my students.  I no longer have students and have no use for Prime 8.0.  I wish to continue to use MathCAD 15.

I see that user HO_2228703 was afforded (11-30-2021 post) the same solution I seek - a permanent license for MathCAD 15. 

I call on PTC to honor the commitment Andrew McGough made in his 02-25-2021 end-of-sale announcement. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

This is a user supported community. No users can help you.

There are some PTC people, like Andy, who do monitor it, but your issue needs to be directed to the PTC license team.

You should be able to open a ticket with them from: License Management (ptc.com) in the lower right corner, you can open a help ticket.

HM_10279559
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Ben, I wondered about the PTC Community. 

Thanks for the advice. 

I went to the License Management page and was informed that I did not have the credentials to access the site - I guess I would need to be a rep of one of those fortune 500 companies. 

I had posted directly to a thread started by Andrew McGough and have not yet heard back.

I also have just initiated a case through the educational case logger - I've been working on this for a month and a half. I just want to use MathCAD 15, for which I have a perpetual educational license on a new computer. 

Top Tags