cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Converting Old Files from Mathcad 14 to Mathcad Express Prime 8.0

JH_10372694
1-Newbie

Converting Old Files from Mathcad 14 to Mathcad Express Prime 8.0

I am trying to convert old Mathcad files from Mathcad 14 to Mathcad Express Prime 8.0. Right now the convert button is greyed out. I believe it's because we don't have Mathcad 15, however we cannot get access to Mathcad 15. Is there any way to get a converter tool to convert our old files to Mathcad Express Prime or even get a copy of Mathcad 15?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mathcad Prime 8 allows you to convert Mathcad 14 files without having to have a licence of Mathcad 14 (or 15) installed. However, unless you have the 30-day trial licence, you will need a licence of Mathcad Prime 8 to perform the conversion.

Another thought is that when you installed Mathcad and went through the wizard, did you check the box saying to install the convertor with it?

ala what was described in this similar thread: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Installation/Can-t-Convert-from-MathCad14-to-MathCad-Prime-8-0/m-p/806624#M2110

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mathcad Prime 8 allows you to convert Mathcad 14 files without having to have a licence of Mathcad 14 (or 15) installed. However, unless you have the 30-day trial licence, you will need a licence of Mathcad Prime 8 to perform the conversion.

Another thought is that when you installed Mathcad and went through the wizard, did you check the box saying to install the convertor with it?

ala what was described in this similar thread: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Installation/Can-t-Convert-from-MathCad14-to-MathCad-Prime-8-0/m-p/806624#M2110

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Top Tags