cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Installation in new computer

JM_9857852
5-Regular Member

Installation in new computer

I am installing Mathcad Prime 7.0 in a new computer but it´s not working. I received the license file via email but still cannot activate the license. Need some help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @JM_9857852,

It seems the license file generated on host ID is incorrect.

To transfer the license file to correct host ID Login to PTC eSupport account and browse to Manage license. Transfer the license installed on incorrect host ID to the correct host ID.

To get the correct ID refer below steps 
Open cmd > ipconfig /all > Select the physical address of the system network card (ethernet or wi-fi)

Use the physical address and transfer the license. Once done reconfigure Mathcad prime with the correct license file which would be received via email 

I hope this helps

Thanks,

Vipul

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

What issue do you get on the screen while configuring the license?

JM_9857852
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Failed License2 MathCad7.jpgWatermark License MathCad7.jpg

JM_9857852
5-Regular Member

I´m not getting any error in the installation process. Find attached the screenshot where is telling that "You have obtained a license for the following..." but when I open any file I´m still getting the watermark in the spreadsheet. Sorry everything is in Spanish.

Go to the upper left corner of the program: "M" (button) ---> "Options" ---> "License" and reconfigure the license file again, manually.

Can you attach your license file here?

Hi @JM_9857852,

It seems you are running Mathcad Prime 7 

Check and verify the license that has been configured has base license for Mathcad Prime 7 

As per @VladimirN suggestion please attach the license file for further looking at it. 

Thanks,

Vipul

JM_9857852
5-Regular Member
(To:VipulT)

Hi! I cannot attach the license file for your review. Thanks!

Do the MAC addresses specified in the license file and in the program itself match?

JM_9857852
5-Regular Member

Sorry, I don´t know what are you talking about. I am not an expert and couldn´t find the MAC addresses of the file or the program.

Hi @JM_9857852,

Can you please attach the screenshot of the license file that you are using with Mathcad Prime 7 

The location of the license file can be found from your previous screenshot. 

Thanks,

Vipul

JM_9857852
5-Regular Member

Hi @JM_9857852,

Can you please open up the license file and attach the screenshot of the license file in opened state 

Thanks,

Vipul 

JM_9857852
5-Regular Member

LicenseFile Screenshot1.jpgLicenseFile Screenshot2.jpg

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JM_9857852)

Open a command prompt and enter ipconfig/all

In the results compare the Physical address with the CPU address in the license file.

If they don't agree, you will need to get a new license file.

Ona laptop, the primary NIC card address may change depending if you are wireless or wired to your internet.

You should be using the wireless adapter for the PTC license.

There is a program called PTCStatus (I think) that will return the NIC card address that PTC software is looking for.

MAC address matches:

Failed License3 MathCad7.jpg

P.S. Article - "How to get MAC address/Host ID/CPU ID": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS63822

All licensed features in your file refer to version 6.0. You have installed version 7.0!

What is available from this link for you? Link: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=MCP

HI @JM_9857852,

The license file you have configured with Mathcad Prime 7 is not compatible as the license file that you have will work with Mathcad prime 6 and previous version.

Please log on to ptc license management tool and retrieve the latest license for your system host ID and then point the retrieved license to Mathcad Prime 7. 

Thanks,

Vipul

Hello @JM_9857852,

It seems the license file generated on host ID is incorrect.

To transfer the license file to correct host ID Login to PTC eSupport account and browse to Manage license. Transfer the license installed on incorrect host ID to the correct host ID.

To get the correct ID refer below steps 
Open cmd > ipconfig /all > Select the physical address of the system network card (ethernet or wi-fi)

Use the physical address and transfer the license. Once done reconfigure Mathcad prime with the correct license file which would be received via email 

I hope this helps

Thanks,

Vipul

Top Tags