cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Installing mathcad 14.0 upgrade version

RB_4371453
1-Newbie

Installing mathcad 14.0 upgrade version

When installing 14.0 I get a message saying this is an upgrade and to enter the old serial number. I had 7.0 and the s/n was PU02802D00549 which it does not accept. I still have the 7.0 CD, I put it in the DVD drive and provided the path but it can't read it. I had this same problem in 2017 and it was a ridiculous pain in the butt then, I shouldn't still be going through this aggravation. Fix it already sheesh.
6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RB_4371453)

Since PTC can no longer sell MathCAD or MathCAD Prine prior to release 7, your chance of getting PTC to fix it or between slim and none. 

PTC will issue a new license file for the older versions.

I have 7.0 so that shouldn't be a sticking point. So do I need PTC to send me a new serial # for MCAD 7?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

MathCAD 7 and MathCAD Prime 7 are two different animals!

PTC cannot sell any version of MathCAD or MathCAD Prime prior to MathCAD Prime 7 anymore.

I'm not looking to BUY it. I'm trying to reinstall it after a windows crash. All I need is a valid serial number for my previous mathcad 7 version. The serial # I have is not recognized, and the install option to read from the 7version CD does't work because it's not openable under windows 10.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You should know this: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Tips/Official-PTC-Mathcad-15-and-Prime-1-6-End-of-Sale-Announcement/ta-p/818870

In short, you'll need help from PTC to get your Mathcad 14 licensed. => Contact PTC support.

Success!
Luc

Yeah, I tried that. It says access denied, I don't have the upgraded service plan or whatever the F it is I need so I can install the effing program that I effing paid for.

Top Tags