cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Installing mathcad 14.0 upgrade version

RB_4371453
1-Newbie

Installing mathcad 14.0 upgrade version

When installing 14.0 I get a message saying this is an upgrade and to enter the old serial number. I had 7.0 and the s/n was PU02802D00549 which it does not accept. I still have the 7.0 CD, I put it in the DVD drive and provided the path but it can't read it. I had this same problem in 2017 and it was a ridiculous pain in the butt then, I shouldn't still be going through this aggravation. Fix it already sheesh.
6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RB_4371453)

Since PTC can no longer sell MathCAD or MathCAD Prine prior to release 7, your chance of getting PTC to fix it or between slim and none. 

PTC will issue a new license file for the older versions.

I have 7.0 so that shouldn't be a sticking point. So do I need PTC to send me a new serial # for MCAD 7?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

MathCAD 7 and MathCAD Prime 7 are two different animals!

PTC cannot sell any version of MathCAD or MathCAD Prime prior to MathCAD Prime 7 anymore.

I'm not looking to BUY it. I'm trying to reinstall it after a windows crash. All I need is a valid serial number for my previous mathcad 7 version. The serial # I have is not recognized, and the install option to read from the 7version CD does't work because it's not openable under windows 10.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You should know this: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Tips/Official-PTC-Mathcad-15-and-Prime-1-6-End-of-Sale-Announcement/ta-p/818870

In short, you'll need help from PTC to get your Mathcad 14 licensed. => Contact PTC support.

Success!
Luc

Yeah, I tried that. It says access denied, I don't have the upgraded service plan or whatever the F it is I need so I can install the effing program that I effing paid for.

Top Tags