cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

License issue Prime 10 vs 9

DM_3359368
1-Newbie

License issue Prime 10 vs 9

We bought Mathcad earlier this year.  I believe we bought it in February.  I have a new computer and just went to install it.  I downloaded and installed Mathcad Prime 10.  When we pointed to our license server, it doesn't work -- we only get Express functionality.  My IT guys think I need to download Mathcad Prime 9 and that the problem is that our license doesn't support 10.  That surprised me because we only bought it a couple of months before the update, but the message seems to indicate that could be the problem.  See below:

8/15/2024 10:49:42 PM : The license request failed.
Requesting MathcadPrime ...
7788@XXXlicense003: (-21) License file does not support this version.

If I need to download 9, how do I do that? Or do we need a new license file on our server to reflect the update and allow 10 to work?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:DM_3359368)

If you just bought the software this year, go to PTC.com and download the latest license file which will then work for MathCAD Prime 10.

If you would rather just use MathCAD Prime 9, you can download it but you will need to remove 10 before installing 9.

Announcements
Top Tags