cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

MATHCAD Prime license requested too often!!

EF_11858420
3-Visitor

MATHCAD Prime license requested too often!!

I got a license for MATCAD Prime from my school (HTL Spengergasse, Vienna) but I have a big problem. I have redeemed the MATCAD license too often and on too many different devices -

Today I wanted to download MATCAD Prime on my work device and redeem the license because I need the program for today's math class, but now I get an error message that goes something like this: "You have redeemed the license too often and reached the limit, if you have any further questions contact PTC Support".

I then did some research and found out that you have to deactivate the license on the other devices so that you can redeem the license on the new device again, but that's the problem: I redeemed the MATCAD Prime license on my Macbook Air m2 in a virtual machine that no longer exists - so I can no longer deactivate the license.

I therefore wanted to ask customer support whether they would allow me to redeem my license again, it is a very urgent matter.

Translated by the moderation using Google Translate
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCAD Prime Lizenz zu oft angefordert!!

Ich habe eine Lizenz für MATCAD Prime von meiner Schule (HTL Spengergasse, Wien) bekommen aber ich habe ein großes Problem. Ich habe zu oft und auf zu vielen unterschiedlichen Geräten die MATCAD lizenz eingelöst-

Heute wollte ich MATCAD Prime auf meinem Arbeitsgerät herunterladen und die Lizenz einlösen, da ich das Programm für den heutigen Mathematikunterricht benötige, jedoch bekomme ich jetzt eine Fehlermeldung die ungefähr so geht: "Sie haben die Lizenz zu oft eingelöst und das Limit erreicht, bei weiteren Fragen kontaktieren Sie den PTC Support".

Ich habe mich dann informiert und herausgefunden, dass man die Lizenz auf den anderen Geräten deaktivieren muss damit man die Lizenz auf dem neuen Gerät wieder einlösen kann aber liegt das Problem: Ich habe die MATCAD Prime lizenz auf meinem Macbook Air m2 in einer Virtuellen Maschine eingelöst, die jetzt nicht mehr existiert- also kann ich die Lizenz nicht mehr deaktivieren.

Ich wollte daher den Kundensupport fragen ob sie mir ein weiteres mal erlauben meine Lizenz einzulösen, es ist eine sehr dringliche Angelegenheit.

4 REPLIES 4

You can find the answer for this issue in the following thread earlier - "Reached the maximum number of license request": https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Reached-the-maximum-number-of-license-request/td-p/704852

Hi @EF_11858420,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution or please feel free to detail in a reply what has helped you and mark it as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator

Dear Support,

the host-id included in my .dat licensefile isn't correct. My laptop has a MAC-ADDRESS of  86-42-81-08-E8-0F. I therefore kindly request a working license file.

Yours,

Ennio Falchetto

Dear Support,

the host-id included in my .dat licensefile isn't correct. My laptop has a MAC-ADDRESS of 86-42-81-08-E8-0F. I therefore kindly request a working license file.

Yours,

Ennio Falchetto

Announcements
Top Tags