cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

MCD converter with Prime 3.0 and Mathcad 13

DB_9926506
1-Newbie

MCD converter with Prime 3.0 and Mathcad 13

My company provided Mathcad 13 with Prime 3.0.  MCD converter tab is inactive.  Does that mean I cannot use my older MCD files with this setup? 

1 REPLY 1
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:DB_9926506)

Yes, it does. Unless you install Mathcad 15 along. For Prime versions 1 to 6, a co-installation of Mathcad 15 is required to convert.

Note that:

- With a license for Prime you are also entitled to license Mathcad 15 on the same computer. You use the very same license file that you used for licensing Prime.

- While you can convert 'real' mathcad files (.mcd, .xmcd and .xmcdz files) to Prime format, there is no conversion back.

- Prime has some advantages over 'real' Mathcad, but it also lacks sufficient features that Mathcad provides.

- You should be able to install Mathcad 15 alongside Mathcad 13 and have them both operational. Mathcad 15 can save files to Mathcad 13 format. Prime cannot save ANY file to a lower version.

- Mathcad 13 uses Maple as symbolic engine, Mathcad 14, 15 and Prime (up to version 6) have MuPad as symbolic engine. Prime 7, the latest version, has a new symbolic engine.

Check here for installation info:https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Installation/All-About-Mathcad-Software-Installation/m-p/706433#M26

Success!
Luc

Top Tags