cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

MathCad Corrupt File

AD_9813942
3-Visitor

MathCad Corrupt File

Mathcad Corrupt File

8 REPLIES 8

The file attached has been corrupted for some unknown reason. Can anyone help?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:AD_9813942)

No (.mcdx) file is attached...

Here is the file. 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Here you go.

I hope all is fine now.

Success!

Luc

It is still showing the same message when I try to open the file. I am using PTC MathCad Prime 6.0. 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I'll give it another try, later today.

Stay tuned.

Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

Here's the second try.

Essentially I did the same as before: corrected the error created by Prime when saving the file. Then I opened the file with Prime. It opened without error en then I saved it again under the same name. I shouldn't have done that very last part.

So here you have the corrected file (3), and the one (4) saved after opening with Prime 6. You'll (or ..should) notice that (3) opens without error, (4) doesn't. That's due to the error created by Prime.

Let's hope the files pass the very intelligent test where this website thinks its smarter than Prime...

Yep.

So now you have (3) that you can open and edit, but will probably be ruined by Prime every time you save it. The problem occurs due to the pictures in it. You'll have to experiment to find out what works... and what doesn't.

I assume you are a licensed user of Prime (I'm not, I only use express and therefore not allowed to do so) and so you may want to bring this bug to the attention of PTC, hoping they can solve it before the end of this month where they are supposed to bring out Prime 7...

Success!
Luc

The only message I am receiving when I try to open the file is attached. 

Top Tags