cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mathcad Prime install on new computer

NE_10461823
4-Participant

Mathcad Prime install on new computer

I have Mathcad Prime 8.0, and I would like to install it on my new computer. I am okay with uninstalling it on the computer it is currently on. When I installed it on my new computer, I got a watermark across the page instead of just the footer. How can I proceed with installing it on my new computer without the watermark across the page?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

5 REPLIES 5

"Mathcad Express Watermark": https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Ideas/Mathcad-Express-Prime-6-amp-7-Watermark/idc-p/774638/highlight/true#M1569

Quote: "Mathcad Express is a free version of the product - even though there's a lot of functionality reserved for the commercial version, there's a lot you can do with Express. With Prime 6, we made the decision to change the location and display of the watermark in Express based on multiple business reasons. This was not an impulsive decision and was made after a number of discussions based on various aspects of our product and business. Like before, the watermark can be removed by pointing the application to a valid license".

NE_10461823
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

I am sorry if I wasn't clear.  I have a valid student license for the old computer.  What I want to do is deactivate the license on the old computer and use it on the new computer.  Is that possible?

Transferring Mathcad License from Existing Host ID to New Host ID:

1. Commercial / Maintenance Active  Customer
  2. Student Edition or Mathcad Single User Account

NE_10461823
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Thank you!

You're welcome.

Top Tags