cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Performance Hit with Simple Advanced Controls TExt Boxes

Sean_J
2-Guest

Performance Hit with Simple Advanced Controls TExt Boxes

I am using Mathcad Prime Release 10.0 and Datecode10.0.0.0

When using the new Advanced Controls features, performance suffers greatly. This would be expected if I were loading in large amounts of data or perhaps performing complex processing with these regions, but all I'm doing right now is using text boxes to display results with color coding or select which version of text to display from a known list. Literally just display boxes, and yet performance suffers greatly. It was never this bad using essentially the exact same files before adding the advanced controls. M, colleague has even worse issues, where the advanced controls grey-out as if they're still processing, or unable to finish processing, and is unable to get them to cooperate again. Is there some performance issues with the advanced controls? Is there some trick we can use to reduce the performance demands?

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

-Sean

1 REPLY 1
Raiko
17-Peridot
(To:Sean_J)

Hi Sean,

I'm having the same issues with controls. They slow down computation and, partially, negate the advantage of making document review easier if intermediate results are colour coded. So far, I haven't found a way around.

What irks me most is how limited the controls are . No font size change possible, no frame that could be switched off or on etc. This has all the telltale signs of a quick and dirty implementation.

Raiko

Announcements
Top Tags