cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Prime 9.0 does not launchon Win 10

Lucius_Vorenius
3-Visitor

Prime 9.0 does not launchon Win 10

Hello,

I have recently installed Prime 9.0 on my professional DELL laptop running Win 10 but when I launch the program, nothing happens, no pop-up screen nothing: the mouse cursor does its usual circles for a few seconds and then vanishes. I had to run the installation under a dedicated admin account but then back to my account, I can't start Prime even I run it again with admin priviledges.

It actually happened recently with an install I did with 7.0 and I could no longer launch it in the end while I could use it for a year or so. It is what motivated the migration to 9.0 but the problem remains. I've checked for a log file in the PTC folder but could not see one. Also checked the Symantec log files, nothing reported. 

If you could point me to some solutions I could explore, I would appreciate. Thank you.

Christophe

--

2 REPLIES 2

Hello VladimirN,

I have tried to follow what the link said, e.g. delete some of the files in the appropriate directory but same result: Prime still does not launch. I've seen there is also a recommendation for installating .NET Framework but this is a company laptop and going through any of these process requires admin priviledges. Since I'm often using two monitors, I will check that it does not open in the unconnected one but I doubt. Thank you.

Christophe

Top Tags