cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Share files between Prime 7 and Prime 8

gshockxcc
7-Bedrock

Share files between Prime 7 and Prime 8

I have my own versions of Prime 7 and Prime 8.  My company uses Prime 7.  Is there any way to take the Prime 8 files that I created and convert them to Prime 7?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:gshockxcc)

Open the file in Prime 8, Copy all regions into a single area. Close the area.

Start Prime 7 on the same PC. Copy the area in Prime 8 and paste it into the empty sheet of Prime 7.

Save the file from Prime to a different name.

Copy all regions out of the area. Remove the area and save the file from Prime 7 again.

Be aware that during any of the steps Prime 7 may crash. If that occurs you could copy one or a few regions at a time...

If your Prime 8 file already contains areas, you'll just have to create area(s) for any sets of regions in between them, since you cannot embed an area into a area.

Success!

Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:gshockxcc)

Open the file in Prime 8, Copy all regions into a single area. Close the area.

Start Prime 7 on the same PC. Copy the area in Prime 8 and paste it into the empty sheet of Prime 7.

Save the file from Prime to a different name.

Copy all regions out of the area. Remove the area and save the file from Prime 7 again.

Be aware that during any of the steps Prime 7 may crash. If that occurs you could copy one or a few regions at a time...

If your Prime 8 file already contains areas, you'll just have to create area(s) for any sets of regions in between them, since you cannot embed an area into a area.

Success!

Luc

Luc, 

Sorry for the delay in replying.   This seems to be the only viable workaround.

Thank you.

Announcements
Top Tags