cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Upscale MathCAD 2000 files to a Prime 9 compatible format

BI_10910713
1-Newbie

Upscale MathCAD 2000 files to a Prime 9 compatible format

I am in the IT dept of my company and we use Mathcad Prime 9. I have a user who wants to know if it is possible to convert MathCAD 2000 files to a Prime 9 compatible format. I am not seeing much online about this so my expectations are low, but if it is possible please let me know.

9 REPLIES 9

https://youtu.be/bYuCm7gxRuw?t=390

Apparently, people in PTC have tested Mathcad Prime's legacy Mathcad worksheet converter to convert files going back to Mathcad 8 (1999) successfully.

I'm not going to personally guarantee it'll come out looking perfect, but it seems to be possible.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

Hi,

The converter is not  installed by default in a usual Prime installation it has to be selected as part of the install.

If the converter icon in Prime Ribbon Input/Output is greyed out the converter is not installed.  You will need to reinstall to get the converter.

Cheers

Terry

Thank you for your response, however we did install the converter and attempt to convert a MathCAD 2000 file to Prime 9 but it failed. We tested with a file from MathCAD 15 and had no issue.

What do you mean by "failure" here?

We queued the MathCAD 2000 file in the XMCD converter software that comes with Prime 9 and it failed to convert. The converter was able to convert MathCAD 15 files but returned “Failed” when attempting MathCAD 2000 files.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:BI_10910713)

Can you post the file (think about IP)?

Or else send it in PM?

Success!

Luc

Hi BI_10910713,
I wanted to follow up with you on your post, we had requested the worksheet. If your issue has been resolved, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of other members who may have the same question.
If not, our industry expert is also reviewing the replies and may accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know. 

Thanks,
Dhiraj

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:BI_10910713)

Attached is a .MCD file as delivered with Mathcad 2.01 , dated 1987-10-23 on heat transfer through a wall.

Also attached is the output of the conversion to Prime: HEATRRAN.mcdx

Such to show that - in principle - the converter should be able to deal with any valid Mathcad (.mcd as well as .xmcd) file.

Note that I had to pack the HEATRAN.MCD file in a .zip archive, because for some very stupid reason, this forum 'thinks' to know better than Mathcad or Prime what is a valid mathcad file. It doesn't let me attach it without that.

Success!
Luc

Top Tags