cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

32 bit M14 to 64 bit Prime 2.0 Upgrade Concerns

Steve_Richards
1-Newbie

32 bit M14 to 64 bit Prime 2.0 Upgrade Concerns

I'm running Mathcad 14 M020 (single user license) under Win 7/64, using it to process experimental data. We recently upgraded the apparatus; one of the side effects was that the data sets grew. They are presently in the one to two million point range, and are expecting to grow further. I have seen and lived with all of M14's memory issues, which are well described here http://communities.ptc.com/message/17779

I've been very tempted by Prime 2.0, which I understand is available in a 64 bit version. Before I make the jump I'd really appreciate it if some of you who have gone before would share your experiences. Specifically:

Can 64 bit Prime 2.0 handle larger matrices than the earlier 32 bit versions of Mathcad? My M14/020 runs out of memory when its usage (monitored with Task Manager) reaches 1GB (+/-15%). I have 16GB in this workstation, and I'd love to be able to use it!

Can Prime 2.0 plot large matrices? I thought I read in a thread once that it couldn't, but now I can't find the thread.

Is vbScript scripting capability available in Prime 2.0? I use it for an input file picker dialog which is very quick and convenient, and I'd hate to have to give it up.

I've read that importing earlier version worksheets into Prime 2.0 requires that M15 be installed. I have a boatload of M14 worksheets that I cannot do without, but I do not have M15. Has anyone else faced this problem?

I'd be grateful for any advice. Thank you.

Steve

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Steve Richards wrote:

...Is vbScript scripting capability available in Prime 2.0? ...

No.

Steve Richards wrote:

...I've read that importing earlier version worksheets into Prime 2.0 requires that M15 be installed. I have a boatload of M14 worksheets that I cannot do without, but I do not have M15. Has anyone else faced this problem?...

Version Prime 2.0 requires pre-installed Mathcad 15 M010. Try to use trial version of Mathcad 15 M010 from here: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/forms/index.jsp?im_dbkey=41685&icg_dbkey=482

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

Steve Richards wrote:

...Is vbScript scripting capability available in Prime 2.0? ...

No.

Steve Richards wrote:

...I've read that importing earlier version worksheets into Prime 2.0 requires that M15 be installed. I have a boatload of M14 worksheets that I cannot do without, but I do not have M15. Has anyone else faced this problem?...

Version Prime 2.0 requires pre-installed Mathcad 15 M010. Try to use trial version of Mathcad 15 M010 from here: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/forms/index.jsp?im_dbkey=41685&icg_dbkey=482

Thanks, Vladimir. Much appreciated.

Steve

No problem, Steve.

I thought Prime 2.0 came with a copy of Mathcad 15.

Or was that only Prime 1.0?

It is correct. But only if you bought Mathcad Prime 2.0.

Announcements

Top Tags