cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

3D Plot

JTmathcad-disab
1-Newbie

3D Plot

Hope someone there can help:

I've got a Mathcad 14 on my laptop with an OS of Vista Enterprise (service pack 2, 32 Bits OS with 2 GB RAM). The Mathcad seems work well except that it does not give a 3D plot when using the plot tool.

The commend and 3D plot frame look all right (no error message appears). After a blue frame appearing on the border of the frame indicating the worksheet is running, no image appears, and no error mesasge appears.

The sofeware works well on my desktop with an OS of XP.

Please anyone give me some clues about how to fix it?

Jie @ jie.tong@nuth.nhs.uk
3 REPLIES 3

Try one of these suggestions:
1. Update your video driver by downloading and applying the most recent driver from the video card manufacturer's website.
2. Turn the Hardware Acceleration down or off: Right click on your desktop and choose Properties (or from the Start menu choose Settings/Control Panel/Display.) Go to Settings/Advanced and click on the Performance Tab (in Windows 2000 choose Troubleshooting). Use this setting to decrease Hardware Acceleration.
3. Change the color depth since some cards are designed to perform better at certain color depths. Right click on your desktop and choose Properties (or from the Start menu choose Settings/Control Panel/Display.) Go to Settings, and in the Colors field adjust the setting up or down.
4. Turn off the border of the 3D graph.

Mona

Thanks, Mona.

It works when turning off the plot border. Why is that? If I still perfer the border, can I get the plot by improving other parameters?

Jie

Jie,

You can try some of the other suggestions and see if they help. It's a bug that we are fixing for the next major release.

I'm glad that suggestion from Tom Gutman helped.

Mona
Top Tags