cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

3D plots won't display

ptc-1911489
1-Newbie

3D plots won't display

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. When I try to create a 3D plot, the result is just a blank square. Even in the help files the 3D plots don't show up, it's just a blank square like when you create a 2D plot and don't enter any values. I tried it on my sisters computer (vista 32bit) and it instantly shows the coordinate system. My guess is that it has to do with my 64 bit system since it won't work on my desktop or laptop computers (both 64) but it will on my sisters (32). Is there anyway around this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.
32 REPLIES 32

Try Turning off Aero in the display, so that Windows Basic mode is used. A good way to do this is to check the "Disable desktop composition" box under Compatibility in the Properties of the Desktop icon for Mathcad. This will turn Aero off when Mathcad is running - but restore it afterwards. Otherwise you can stop Aero for everything by going to Control Panel: Performance Information and Tools: Adjust Visual effects: uncheck "Use visual styles on windows and buttons". Turning off Aero seems to work much better than Unchecking Border or reducing Graphics Resolution which do help but do cause conflicts with other applications. This was discussed in the thread http://communities.ptc.com/thread/32032?tstart=120 with the suggestion about Disable desktop composition made by Daniel McLean.

This is an old problem and it does have a work around.

Please check some very old postings as I had the problem and solved it. It involved putting a setting in the registry to do with the video card. Sorry it was a while ago and cannot remember the advice but it solved it for me Windoze 7 64 bit black 3D graphics.

You may need to go through the archives and it could be the old set of archives.

Cheers

Terry

I had your same problem and I found that downloading Microsoft Silverlight and then unchecking borders the problem is solved!

Top Tags