cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

An equation of the `real` solar cell

ptc-1793698
7-Bedrock

An equation of the `real` solar cell

Hello!

I would like to have a fit for the current-voltage curve of one Schottky junction (probably this is, or may be).
The problem is that the equation for real solar cell that may be used here, has not have an explicit form.
How to fit the data using such an equation?

KL
13 REPLIES 13

Like so? Compressed M14 file attached as M11 didn't like the Minerr solve block (probably just my poor initial guesses!).

stv

I have MC 13 and 14 available, but none of them opens the worksheet.

KL

Strange! Here are uncompressed 13 and 14 files.

stv

Thank You!

Now the version for MC 13 opens, the more new does not. Maybe there are updates of MC14 that I do not have? This may be.

KL

My M14 is version M020.

stv

How would it be possible to obtain a derivative of this implicit function: dJ/dV (V)? Or inverse of it dV/dJ (V)?

KL

It's fairly simple to differentiate and rearrange to get what you want - see attached (however, you should double check that I've done the differentiation correctly, as I did it rather quickly!). Also, the function could be implemented more efficiently - the exponential terms are calculated twice in the attached.

Oops! Error. This is the corrected file.

stv

Thank You!

I compared with my solution. Yes, it was somewhat different.

KL

On 10/20/2009 10:22:41 AM, KristjanLaes wrote:
>Thank You!
>
>I compared with my solution.
>Yes, it was somewhat
>different.
>
>KL

All red IV20modeling .
I have already replied.

"There is a function that I would like to use for fitting the data in Data".
The model is wrong for the data set. Some terms are missing to model the physics appropriately. Why don't you use the model that was done for the other collab. The model you are proposing is not "modelable", not shapable so it won't Minerr.

jmG

On 10/20/2009 10:22:41 AM, KristjanLaes wrote:
>Thank You!
>
>I compared with my solution.
>Yes, it was somewhat
>different.
>
>KL

Yes, I missed aterm from the numerator - a case of more haste less speed! I've included my derivation in the attached, and corrected the error, which makes both forms now give the same result.

To jmg: The reason for all the red that you see is that Mathcad 11 can't cope with the Minerr solve block. Mathcads 13 and 14 manage it ok.

stv

On 10/21/2009 12:08:22 PM, stv wrote:
>On 10/20/2009 10:22:41 AM, KristjanLaes
>wrote:
>>Thank You!
>>
>>I compared with my solution.
>>Yes, it was somewhat
>>different.
>>
>>KL
>
>Yes, I missed a term from the numerator -
>a case of more haste less speed! I've
>included my derivation in the attached,
>and corrected the error, which makes
>both forms now give the same result.
>
>To jmg: The reason for all the red that
>you see is that Mathcad 11 can't cope
>with the Minerr solve block. Mathcads
>13 and 14 manage it ok.
>
>stv

I don't understand who missed a term and where, an what's different. I don't understand either why k, q that are physical constants should be so much different. Mathcad 11.2a has no problem solving that peanut gallery Minerr. I stopped reading at Differentiation ... no idea what you were attempting.

jmG

On 10/20/2009 4:12:02 AM, KristjanLaes wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I would like to have a fit for
>the current-voltage curve of
>one Schottky junction
>(probably this is, or may be).
>The problem is that the
>equation for real solar cell
>that may be used here, has not
>have an explicit form.
>How to fit the data using such
>an equation?
>
>KL_______________________________

Your model is wrong, you don't have a circuit to look at it ... J0 is Bessel built-in, rather use Jsubscript. A very similar work was done for other collab, please use same symbology as much as you can ... NOT k*T but kT where kT is defined , what about q ? k ? That there is a solution (W) to a wrong model will not correct the model. It does not Minerr, does not Given/Find.

Start from the model that more collab can look at. I will not attempt to fit a function, and the rational model will glitch ! DeadLock !

jmG

Have you looked at the thread at http://collab.mathsoft.com/read?125801,16e#125801 ? It seems to cover your case. Modelling using the diode equation starts at message 27.

Top Tags