cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Area (collapsible region) MP3.0

vroon
4-Participant

Area (collapsible region) MP3.0

I would like to edit the line of an area (collapsible regions) as I was used to in MCxx. Actually I would like to see nothing in the print of an collapsed or non collapsed area. Or just an icon to find the collapsed area quickly myself. Is it just as poor as the Help Center gives: only the posibility and how to get stuff in the area, which is also a set back to MC-what-ever-low?

3 REPLIES 3
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:vroon)

You tell it.

Collapsible areas were highly praised by PTC when they were introduced with Prime 2 as if they would be something new.

As you say we cannot name or edit them otherwise as in older version nor can we protect those areas with a password. We still cannot nest collapsed areas (a long standing wish). Additionally I find it very uncomfortable and annyoing that I cannot close that area at the end of it as I am used to do.

Usually longer calculations are hidden in a series of collapsed areas. When viewing such a document for debugging or information purpose it is natural to uncollapse the area, read and flip through and when you come to the end you close it again to keep all nice and tidy. In Prime i would have to scroll back some pages to the beginning and close it there. Bad UX.

One more point for this poll http://communities.ptc.com/polls/1134

vroon
4-Participant
(To:ValeryOchkov)

That was in the time of MP2.0. I hoped for more in MP3.0 (even MC15 or more functionality).

Top Tags