cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Autohide collapsible areas

gbradley
1-Newbie

Autohide collapsible areas

Not sure if this is even possible with Mathcad but thought I'd ask the question.

I have several collapsible areas on a mathcad file. Depending on a answer from a formula at the start of the mathcad file some of the calculations would be irrelevant and are therefore hidden in collapsible areas.

i.e. if the answer is >10 then all fomulas are applicable If not then 3 areas are not required and these are generally hidden.

Is there a way of autohiding collapsible areas based on a given answer from a formula?

11 REPLIES 11
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:gbradley)

Unfortunately I do not think this is possible. There a few other approaches which may help.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

This has been asked a number of times, and as Mike says, it's not possible.

I use for this on my Mathcad Server... pictures.

See please http://twtmas.mpei.ac.ru/mas/Worksheets/IF_in_WorkSheet.mcd

I can show one set of operators or other.

Others same calculations

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/MCS/Worksheets/Hydro/GDF.xmcd

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/MCS/Worksheets/Chem/CRC.xmcd

We see one or others formulas or set of formulas depended of values of variables.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

You could use a TOC of contents to jump to the collapsed area you want to use. Not the best workaround but may help.

If Gareth would use Prime he would not be able to use hyperlinks but from what I remember he is using MC14.

As far as I recall we cannot jump to/inside a collapsed area via hyperlink. Furthermore you can't make the hyperlink dependent on the result of a calculation.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

You could jump to a region and the hyperlink could be selected by the user following the result from a calculation. Text instructions could be dependant on a calculation?

Mike Armstrong wrote:

You could jump to a region and the hyperlink could be selected by the user following the result from a calculation. Text instructions could be dependant on a calculation?

Not sure if this would be close to what Gareth had in mind.

And text instructions sure could be dependent on a calculation. Either by normal string evaluation or by a scripted component.

We would need a concrete example as to what should be achieved, but I fear we wouldn't come close enough as it looks to me that Gareth wants to show/hide specific calculation steps and not only the results.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

I fear you maybe correct. I was just trying to sound positive

Mike Armstrong wrote:

I fear you maybe correct. I was just trying to sound positive

Thanks Guys. The only solution I could think of was the hyperlinks and close and open the collapsible areas manual. I wasn't sure if you could somehow programme a command but that is way out of my depth.

Its a shame PTC hasn't addressed this as it could help the user produce a more efficient Mathcad output and save time.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Gareth Bradley wrote:

Thanks Guys. The only solution I could think of was the hyperlinks and close and open the collapsible areas manual. I wasn't sure if you could somehow programme a command but that is way out of my depth.

Yes you are correct and as said above, you could point the user to the collapsed area but they would have to manually open the region, which isn't that taxing.

Its a shame PTC hasn't addressed this as it could help the user produce a more efficient Mathcad output and save time.

I wouldn't hold your breath for this being implemented into Prime any time soon.

Top Tags