cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Export a image

ycai
1-Newbie

Export a image

I want to export a plot in Mathcad 3.0. I can select the plot, copy and paste it to Word. However, the resolution of the image is often low.

Is there a way to export a high definition image from Mathcad 3.0 ?

9 REPLIES 9
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ycai)

Have you tried pasting into another application?

Maybe try printing to pdf and then manipulating it. I very much doubt you will get HD quality though.

Thanks, I tried to paste it to paint as well, the resolution is the same.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

It is a reported issue with MP3 and hopefully something that will be corrected in future releases.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

The graphics export from Prime is extremely poor. I find it amazing that a company that writes CAD software can't copy vector graphics to the clipboard, even in the third version of the software! It appears that the way they create the bitmap is also just a screen capture (basically, just grab it from the video RAM), which is as primative a way of doing it as there is.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

If I remember correctly previous versions of Prime did not allow the user to copy regions, so it seems, PTC have tried to implement this feature without using too much resource on it.

You are absolutely right, in 2.0, you cannot even copy and paste it.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Yuxuan Cai wrote:

You are absolutely right, in 2.0, you cannot even copy and paste it.

Well that sort of backs up my point. PTC have implemented the feature, although a very basic approach, but I suppose it is a tick in the box for them.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that "ticking the box" is often the approach PTC takes in the development of Prime. Graphs, especially 3D graphs, are a tick-the-box solution. They are extremely weak. Text formatting is a tick-the-box solution. We still don't have subscripts and superscripts, and it's a math program! Result formatting is a tick-the-box solution. Version 3, and we still can't set the exponential threshold! There is lot said about the fact that Prime is missing a lot of features, but always in the context of major features, such as scripted components, etc. The problem goes much deeper than that though, because many of the the major features that have been implemented have been implemented so poorly that they are in no way equivalent to MC15. The major features are often missing minor features, sometimes to the extent that they are all but unusable (3D graphs and exporting graphics are two examples).

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

I have to agree with everything you have said there, which doesn't bode well for the future of Mathcad.

Top Tags