cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Basic Mathcad

RoyCee
1-Newbie

Basic Mathcad

A really easy question that has so far been denied resolution.

My 50 year old eyes have a tough time seeing the "stock" ten point type.

Is there a way to resize the font size so every time I open the program it automatically STARTS at a larger font size?

Thank you for your help
3 REPLIES 3
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RoyCee)

On 2/13/2010 3:32:33 PM, RoyCee wrote:
== A really easy question that has so far been denied resolution.
== My 50 year old eyes have a tough time seeing the "stock" ten point type.
== Is there a way to resize the font size so every time I open the program it automatically STARTS at a larger font size?

Go to your Mathcad installation directory, look in the 'Templates' folder for a file called Normal.xmct (if you're running M12..M14) or Normal.mct (if you're running <=M11).

Open this file in Mathcad, goto the menu item "Format/Style..". This will open a dialog box that allows you to change the text styles. Modify the Normal style to make the font larger.

Similarly, from the menu, choose "Format/Equation..". This will open a different dialog box that allows you to change the font associated with each Math Style. Modify the 'Variable' style to increase the font size.

When you've set the math and text styles to suit, save the Normal template. Everytime you open Mathcad in future, it should give you your new font sizes.

Stuart
Al2000
1-Newbie
(To:RoyCee)

On 2/13/2010 3:32:33 PM, RoyCee wrote:
>
>My 50 year old eyes have a
>tough time seeing the "stock"
>ten point type.

And also if you are like me and want to take care of your eyes you can set the background color to some a little pale less eye straining than that glaring white.

Saludos,

Al
PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:Al2000)

And set the 'zero' limit to 10^-307 (i.e. as small as possible.)
Philip Oakley
Top Tags