cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

COMPLEX PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED IN MATHCAD - GUIDANCE NEEDED

ptc-3935425
1-Newbie

COMPLEX PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED IN MATHCAD - GUIDANCE NEEDED

Hello Everyone,

I have a complex problem to get solved in the best way of approach.

I have attached the worksheet with my requirement.

I'm using MC version 15.0

Kindly help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, confusion is perfect now.

Yes, you used Theta1 and Theta3 to calculate the initial value for Sun and Stars. The iteration process itself uses only Theta2 for all three.

From what you write it seems as the two variations I had provided will both do the job, right?

Nevertheless find a third variant attached which makes more compact use of the vectors and matrices, letting them start with 0 rather than with 1.

SunMoonStars3.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I don't see the sense of using text boxes instead of simple assigments for your values of theta1..3, but as the name implies, a text box returns a text, not a number. If you want to calculate with the input, you have to convert the string to a number, either your component script will have to do it or you can let Mathcad do the work using the function str2num().

Is it on purpose you declare yout thetas as vector elements? At least you have used the vector index in place of the literal index, but you haven't uses theta as a vector in your sheet.

The rest of your sun moon and stars story is unclear to me - you don't provide values (PL1,...) and so your calculations fails.

Obviously you are in need for some kind of iteration process, but what should the outcome be? The last step of the iteration or all 10 of them?

See if this is near to what you are after:

SunMoonStars.png

Here's an additional version using a small program which you can use for all three - Sun Moon and Stars.

SunMoonStars2.png

Sorry for latecomeback & many thanks for your answers.

This kind of approach is the one I'm looking for......

Your guess is right, I'm looking for itearation process to be done.

Now, I have attached the worksheet with better clarity in detail... for you to understand.

I have assigned values for PL1..PL2 which you have asked.

I have tried to expalin the sun,moon star in a better way...

Please look into the sheet and give your valuable answers...

As you oviously are interested in the intermediate results of the iteration, too, it seems to me, that both ways of doing it i sketched will do the job. Just plug in the correct start values for our P, Q and R's.

Or is there anything else unclear?

Thanks, The values for P,Q & R will not have correct start values!!. They are derived from theta value.

If you look at the first line of the worksheet, you have a assigned value for theta1,theta2 and theta3.

Note:

In all the equations in the entire worksheet, I might have used only theta2. I have not used theta1 & theta3.

But,I may use them for future iterations.

Hence, P, Q & R values won't be a straight forward one....

Sorry,I have used Theta1 and Theta 3 also.......Please ignore the sentence in 'note' statement for previous reply.

To be more specific, P,Q & R values is dependent on theta values.

Theta values are the inputs for this entire iteration procedure.

Values for theta will have to be changed manually, which is a part of iteration process.

I will keep on changing the values for thetas....and hence it should iterate the results for me.. That's the requirement.

Hope you have understood the complete story now, Plese let me know if you need any more details.

OK, confusion is perfect now.

Yes, you used Theta1 and Theta3 to calculate the initial value for Sun and Stars. The iteration process itself uses only Theta2 for all three.

From what you write it seems as the two variations I had provided will both do the job, right?

Nevertheless find a third variant attached which makes more compact use of the vectors and matrices, letting them start with 0 rather than with 1.

SunMoonStars3.png

Thanks a ton!!! This is an amazing forum !!!

Top Tags