cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Can someone tell why the three parameters in section 6 of attached file is coming up undefined?

ptc-5345203
1-Newbie

Can someone tell why the three parameters in section 6 of attached file is coming up undefined?

3 REPLIES 3

Because you confused vector/matrix index and literal index in your definitions.

If you type FTY.i:=... (thats the literal index) you define a single scalar variable. i is just a character which is part of the variable name.

If you type FTY[i:= you define the element of a vector. i has to be an integer variable greater or equal to zero (assuming ORIGIN = 0 as it is by default). So for example i:=2 and FTY[i:=111 would assign 111 to the third element of vector FTY. If FTY is not defined yet you create a column vector (0; 0; 111) that way.

You may also check if you really need that much global assignments.

I believe that my isssues came as a result of trying to define the following quantity : FTY to suscript m, where m has a suscript b. Does Mathcad allow such a structure?

You have to specify which kind of subscript, literal or vector.

I am not sure if you are demanding a vector consisting of vectors (nested vectors) or if you just want the index of the first vector to be an element of a second vector. Anyway, in both cases the answer is yes, its possible.

I guess you are looking for somethink like shown below and you would have to use vector indices only to do so (the parenthesis are made by MC automatically).

vect1.png

Top Tags